Dept. of Justice Guidelines
- Preventing the distribution of Marijuana to minors;
- Preventing revenue from the sale of Marijuana from going to criminal enterprises, gangs, and cartels;
- Preventing the diversion of Marijuana from states where it is legal under state law in some form to other states;
- Preventing state-authorized Marijuana activity from being used as a cover or pretext for the trafficking of other illegal drugs or other illegal activity;
- Preventing violence and the use of firearms in the cultivation and distribution of Marijuana;
- Preventing drugged driving the exacerbation of other adverse public health consequences associated with Marijuana use;
- Preventing the growing of Marijuana on public lands and the attendant public safety and environmental dangers posed by Marijuana production on public lands; and
- Preventing Marijuana possession or use on federal property.
For the complete memo, click here.